Sunday, September 14, 2008

Book of the Day

Monday's book of the day is...

Vegetable Soup by Judy Freudberg and Tony Geiss
I still have this book from when I was younger, and greenbean has enjoyed it as much as I did back then. Sesame Street characters are always lovable, and it is a great way to sneak in a little nutrition lesson while having fun.
Activity #1 Plan a grocery trip for this day. Take plenty of time going through the produce section and pointing out food from the book and discussing them. I even let greenbean bring the book which keeps her busy while shopping for the rest of the list.
Activity #2 Make vegetable soup with your little one. This recipe is our favorite.
Activity #3 Make potato stamps like these. Greenbean has fun halping me make them and even more using them to create artwork.
Hope you have a great day with your little ones!
Alissa

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=ae52ce01e4451bf8e5a73a60fcc03604